425-208-5130 | email@example.com | www.linkedin.com/in/michaelheavener
Over 10 years of experience building web sites and managing content. Successful development of internal and external websites for the healthcare, technology, mobile/wireless and retail industries.
Strategic counsel to managers. Planning and managing large/complex online projects. Developing timelines, calendars, schedules and workflow. Creating content (documents, graphics, photography, web forms and surveys, email campaigns, presentations, videos and multimedia, social media, blogs and other assets). Designing a pleasant user interface and experience . Moving sites and content from one system to another or to SharePoint. HTML/CSS creation that defines styles, guidelines and consistency. Performance, usage and keyword metrics analysis. Search engine optimization and coordinating. Troubleshooting. Training and instructional development. Collaboration with stakeholders, team members and business partners.
Consult with clients throughout the Pacific Northwest on the development of websites, communications strategies and content management systems. Projects include:
Nike, Beaverton, OR
Designed and managed enhancements to SharePoint portal for key IT programs. Implemented site re-launch. Created project plans for migration to SharePoint 2013.
YMCA, Seattle, WA
Conceived and planned the conversion from a paper system to a paperless system.
Quango Design, Portland, OR
Collaborated with developers on design and migration of two large intranet sites into SharePoint.
Puget Sound Energy, Seattle, WA
Managed full life cycle of development and operations from requirements through launch for multiple internet sites.
Taught senior managers how to manage SharePoint 2010 sites and content.
Global Fitness Network, Portland, OR
Planned, developed and delivered training on web communications, content management and cloud-based development. Delivered complex messages to audiences with varied levels of product and technical knowledge.
Milliman Care Guidelines, Seattle, WA
Managed content development and maintenance for external websites. Developed content, features, designs and site structure for a new SharePoint intranet site for health care-related company.
The Everett Clinic, Everett, WA
Coordinated research of intranets and linked systems for hospital staff and health care professionals. Recommended changes to content, optimization and design for internal sites.
Web Producer & Marketing Manager, Microsoft (contract), Redmond, WA 2/2009 – 7/2010
Managed development of external websites and intranet portals. Served as project manager for web-related development/enhancement projects in SharePoint and XML-based CMS systems. Positioned sites as dependable and unique information resources for business leaders to accurately translate marketing plans into internal campaigns.
· Collaborated with site managers, business leaders, programmers/production staff/vendors for website rollouts.
· Edited and organized content; wrote interactive learning and audio scripts.
· Assisted with strategic planning of user experiences, messaging, content tone and style, marketing campaigns, interactive training, multi-media, audio, video, blogs and social media.
· Managed migration of online resource center from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 in 34 languages.
Web Content Editor/Producer, MultiCare Health System (contract), Tacoma, WA 9/2008 – 11/2008
Simplified 5 hospital and 51 clinic networks linking hospital staff and health care professionals. Worked closely with staff, management and subject matter experts to optimize changes to content.
Created web content strategy. Wrote content for sales training. Managed development and internal communications programs for rollout of new internal SharePoint portal. Ensured the delivery of existing web and intranet presences to deliver consistent, positive client experiences for diverse audiences and stakeholders. Approved content and managed site.
· Work with client organizations to understand business models, goals and key performance indicators.
· Planned, coordinated, wrote, edited and scheduled site's textual, graphics and multi-media content.
· Designed, developed and deployed sales training systems with user centric design/content standards.
· Planned, implemented and analyzed usability testing. Used web analytics software and processes to create custom usage, metadata, taxonomy and access statistics and reports.
· Developed streaming media, online video and online multimedia applications and tools.
· Created HTML/CSS templates and wrote documentation for ongoing development and maintenance.
· Set up new site collections/sites (libraries, lists, webparts, views) in beta version of SharePoint 2007 (MOSS); migrated sites/collections/functions into full RTM version.
Marketing Communications Program Manager, UIEvolution (contract), Bellevue, WA 7/2005 – 7/2006
Managed and produced internal/external communications programs supporting client and business development activities and training for this wireless/telecommunications company. Supervised vendors’ workflow and deliverables.
· Coordinated communications planning, community relations efforts, presentations and marketing initiatives.
· Wrote and developed web content, email and executive messages, presentations, printed sales materials and point of contact videos, industry magazine articles and public relations.
Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access, Project, Visio, OneNote, Office 365
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks
Content Management Systems/Blogs/Databases
SharePoint 2010/365, BroadVision/Oracle, Orchestrate, Mambo, WordPress/MySQL, Blogger, Typepad, Drupal, integrating forms to SQL
SalesForce.com, Vertical Response, Constant Contact, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Webtrends, SurveyMonkey
Social Media/Search Engine Optimization
Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Google+, LinkedIn, Meetup, Picasa, Del.ios.us, DeviantART, Ning, Pinterest, Plaxo, ReverbNation, Ryze, Vox, YouTube, Yelp, Zing, keyword analysis, keyword density, competitive analysis, organic search, affiliate marketing, pagerank, PPC, SERP, white hat, backlink, SEM, metatagging/taxonomy
Multimedia streaming, podcasting, online and offline video editing, sound recording and mixing, WebEx, Microsoft Lync, gotomeeting, Join.Me, Citrix
Associated Press Stylebook, Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications, Chicago Manual of Style, APA, MLA
Master of Arts, Business/Organizational Management, University of Phoenix, Renton, WA
Bachelor of Arts, Communications/Journalism, Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA
Other courses: Agile/Scrum, HTML5, Team leadership, Content management systems (Drupal, Joomla, Mambo), Technical writing for non-technical audiences, Instructional design and training, Presenting to managers, Diversity/accessibility
Accredited Business Communicator (ABC); Member, IABC
International Association of Business Communicators (IABC); SharePoint Users Group (PSSPUG); American Society for Training and Development (ASTD); Society for Technical Communication (STC); Audio Engineering Society (AES); Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (PSSIGCHI); Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM)
Over 10 years of experience developing communications strategies and online branding/positioning initiatives for tax exempt organizations; counseled boards of directors, advisory groups and professional development leaders.
Completed projects for: Greater Seattle YMCA, Redmond Association of Spokenword, Puget Sound Chrysalis, Redmond Regional Library, Redmond Community Forum, City of Redmond, Redmond Young Authors Competition, Redmond United Methodist Church, International Association of Business Communicators-Seattle Chapter, Gold Wing Touring Association; Northwest Folklife Festival, Eastside Open Mic
· Guided electronic communications, website redesigns and overhauls, content and templates for education, promotions, community outreach and training programs.
· Managed production, training and video/audio programs/systems.
· Designed presentations and marketing materials supporting fund-raising campaigns and program launches.
· Researched and determined functional requirements and specifications for websites and online programs.
· Analyzed and audited traffic patterns, usage and responses for websites and online programs; created reports, analyzed results and created solutions to improve programs, content and delivery.
· Managed internal and external writers, editors, designers, graphic artists and production vendors.
· Supported stewardship and finance committees with content and AV expertise.
· Managed client expectations and produced deliverables within extremely tight timelines and budgets.
· Trained staff, volunteers and vendors to support outreach and community programs.
· Video production and editing for use on websites and Facebook.
· Live performance mixing and recording, sound operations and audio engineering (Irish/folk music; piano, guitars, mandolin, bass, drums, multiple vocalists).